Thabo Mofutsanyana District Municipality (DC19)
Private Bag X10, Witsieshoek, 9870Physical:
Old Parliament Building, 1 Mampoi Street, PhuthaditjhabaTel:
058 718 1089/36Fax:
058 718 1034Web: www.thabomofutsanyana.gov.za
Thabo Mofutsanyana District Municipality is a Category C municipality located in the eastern Free State province, and borders on Lesotho and KwaZulu-Natal. It is named after Edwin Thabo Mofutsanyana, a stalwart of the communist party. It comprises six local municipalities: Setsoto, Dihlabeng, Nketoana, Maluti-A-Phofung, Phumelela and Mantsopa. The N3 and N5 National Roads pass through the district, and the famous Golden Gate is found in the area on the slopes of the Drakensberg Mountains. Despite all the socio-economic challenges facing this district, the area has huge potential for tourism development because of its scenic beauty and its rich cultural heritage.
Arlington, Bethlehem, Clarens, Clocolan, Excelsior, Ficksburg, Fouriesburg, Golden Gate Highlands National Park, Harrismith, Hobhouse, Kestell, Ladybrand, Lindley, Marquard, Memel, Paul Roux, Petrus Steyn, Phuthaditjhaba, Reitz, Rosendal, Senekal, Thaba Patchoa, Tweespruit, Vrede, WardenMain Economic Sectors:
217 884Population Growth:
-0.61% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
ANC 33, DA 4, DPSA 3, COPE 2, ACDP 1Mayor:
Malefu VilakaziOther Members of Council:
M Maduna (Speaker), M Radebe (Chief Whip), M Mamba (Finance), P Mavundla (Infrastructure and Transport), S Visagie (LED and Tourism), J Radebe (Women, Children, and Disabilities), G Mokotso (Community Services), C Makhoba (Agriculture and Rural Development), S Motaung (IDP), M Motloung (Chairperson: Municipal Public Accounts Committee)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Bennet MolotsiChief Financial Officer:
Mr H LebusaCommunications Officer:
Matefu MokoenaOther Senior Management:
Samuel Khote (Director: Corporate Services), Takatso Lebenya (Director: Community Services), Bernard Mphahlele (Manager: Infrastructure Development)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Financially unqualified with findings||Financially unqualified with findings|
|Investment revenue||2 473||2 519||2 099|
|Transfers recognised - operational||83 142||80 630||94 082|
|Other own revenue||120||223||84|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||85 735||83 372||96 265|
|Employee costs||41 100||35 330||27 734|
|Remuneration of councillors||8 996||7 092||7 592|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||-||1 181||1 698|
|Materials and bulk purchases||967||925||-|
|Transfers and grants||20 156||24 888||13 557|
|Other expenditure||23 107||16 677||20 550|
|Total Expenditure||94 370||86 342||71 162|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||(8 634)||(2 971)||25 103|
|Transfers recognised - capital||-||2 772||-|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||(8 634)||(198)||25 103|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||(8 634)||(198)||25 103|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||3 566||-||2 128|
|Transfers recognised - capital||2 747||-||2 128|
|Public contributions & donations||-||-||-|
|Internally generated funds||819||-||-|
|Total sources of capital funds||3 566||-||2 128|
|Total current assets||28 249||45 283||44 633|
|Total non current assets||-||1 966||2 881|
|Total current liabilities||16 545||28 404||27 424|
|Total non current liabilities||-||1 942||142|
|Community wealth/Equity||11 704||16 903||19 948|
|Net cash from (used) operating||(15 471)||2 476||26 879|
|Net cash from (used) investing||-||(106)||(2 030)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||-||(591)||(561)|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||(15 471)||43 314||41 536|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Irregular expenditure||n/a||2 596||3 141|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||-||60|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Tenders are published in newspapers and are placed on the municipal website.
Links/ResourcesAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2012/13Annual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2012/13AFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11Integrated Development PlansIDP 2012/13IDP 2011/12MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at email@example.com
so that we can correct it.