Ngaka Modiri Molema District Municipality (DC38)
Private Bag X2167, Mahikeng, 2745Physical:
Cnr Carrington Street & 1st Avenue, Industrial Site, MahikengTel:
018 381 9400Fax:
018 381 0561Web: www.nmmdm.gov.za
Ngaka Modiri Molema District Municipality is one of the four district municipalities in the North West province. The other three are: Bojanala Platinum, Dr Ruth Segomotsi Mompati (Bophirima District Municipality) and Dr Kenneth Kaunda District Municipalities. The district is home to Mahikeng (Mafikeng), the capital of the province. Aptly named, the capital is nicknamed "The City of Goodwill", which is also the city's slogan. It is a rapidly growing, modern, residential, administrative and commercial town that contrasts with its fascinating history. It is situated centrally within the North West province. It is comprised of the five local municipalities of Mahikeng (Mafikeng), Ratlou (Setla-Kgobi), Ramotshere Moiloa (Zeerust), Ditsobotla and Tswaing. It shares an international border with the Republic of Botswana.
Biesiesvlei, Coligny, Delareyville, Disaneng, Groot Marico, Kraaipan, Lichtenburg, Madibogo, Mahikeng (Mafikeng), Mmabatho, Ottosdal, Ottoshoop, Sannieshof, Setlagole, ZeerustMain Economic Sectors:
227 001Population Growth:
0.97% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Mr Mokgele MojakiChief Financial Officer:
Ms Willy Molokele (Acting)Communications Officer:
Abe MetshewereLED Officer:
Ms N TsietsoOther Senior Management:
Abe Metswamere (Senior Manager: Municipal Health Services and Safety), Lekgowa Mahole (Senior Manager: Corporate Resource Support), Pholo Nhutang (Senior Manager: Infrastructure Development and Maintenance), Thamsanqa Mbekeni (Senior Manager: Economic Growth and Development), Wonder Sehole (Senior Manager: Project Management Unit), Dineo Mongwaketse (Chief Audit Executive)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Disclaimer of audit opinion||Disclaimer of audit opinion|
|Investment revenue||4 235||-||14 019|
|Transfers recognised - operational||326 972||377 825||395 263|
|Other own revenue||1 190||11 736||4 347|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||333 192||389 561||413 630|
|Employee costs||223 564||231 057||117 982|
|Remuneration of councillors||10 849||9 380||9 865|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||-||168 035||6 446|
|Finance charges||70 963||-||-|
|Materials and bulk purchases||38 408||44 052||52 550|
|Transfers and grants||23 270||105 233||55 442|
|Other expenditure||255 939||(262 601)||186 109|
|Total Expenditure||622 994||295 157||428 394|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||(289 801)||94 405||(14 764)|
|Transfers recognised - capital||196 778||236 630||167 463|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||(93 023)||331 035||152 699|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||(93 023)||331 035||152 699|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||299 132||58 483||291 358|
|Transfers recognised - capital||211 553||-||167 463|
|Public contributions & donations||1 865||-||-|
|Internally generated funds||78 433||58 483||123 895|
|Total sources of capital funds||299 132||58 483||291 358|
|Total current assets||-||114 325||186 244|
|Total non current assets||-||1 746 977||618 010|
|Total current liabilities||-||422 294||261 247|
|Total non current liabilities||-||-||-|
|Community wealth/Equity||-||1 439 008||543 006|
|Net cash from (used) operating||322 341||331 749||178 068|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(344 088)||(424 141)||(290 286)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||26 024||35 758||-|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||4 202||34 006||90 640|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Unauthorised expenditure||n/a||53 782||74 358|
|Irregular expenditure||n/a||953 044||271 806|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||-||49|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Tender notices are published in the local and national newspapers.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersMunicipal VacanciesAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11Integrated Development PlansIDP 2011/12MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can correct it.