Greater Taung Local Municipality (NW394)
Private Bag X1048, Taung, 8580Physical:
Main Road, Taung Station, TaungTel:
053 994 9400Fax:
053 994 3917Web: www.greatertaung.gov.za
Description: Greater Taung Local Municipality is the fourth-largest local municipality in the Dr Ruth Segomotsi Mompati District Municipality (Bophirima District Municipality) in the North West province. The municipality is one of six local municipalities in the district, and is a Category B municipality with a collective system. The municipal area is predominantly rural and contains 106 widely scattered villages. Greater Taung has a rich heritage that visitors can explore. The area also has strong agricultural significance in the South African economy. The Taung Skull Heritage Route is a fascinating journey of discovery. The route follows an area in which early man once lived, and it has many sites that show us the existence and evolution of our ancient ancestors. Spanning more than 45km, the route includes several natural wonders, such as Thomeng (an unusual limestone waterfall) and Blue Pools (a collection of rock pools, streams and caves in a valley). It was at the limestone diggings on this route, at the old Buxton quarry, that the lime-encrusted skull of a child was found in 1924. The site is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a monument has been put in place to mark the discovery.
Pudimoe, Reivilo, Taung
48 613Population Growth:
-0.25% p.a. Unemployment Rate:
Political ManagementComposition of Council:
ANC 43, DA 3, COPE 2, ACDP 1, APC 1, INDEPENDENT 1Mayor:
Kaone LobeloOther Members of Council:
P Galodikwe (HR Portfolio Chairperson), G Tshipo (ICT Chairperson), R Seleke (Finance Chairperson), D Itumeleng (Infrastructure Development and Engineering), D Itumeleng (Rural Development and Human Settlement), M Mabe (Social Services and Community Development), K Malepe (LED Chairperson), K Morwagashwe (Safety and Security Chairperson), A Scholtz (Corporate Services Chairperson)
Administrative ManagementMunicipal Manager:
Katlego GabanakgosiChief Financial Officer:
Martin VermaakCommunications Officer:
Charity McCordLED Officer:
Tshepang BaloyiOther Senior Management:
Michael Duma (Director: Technical Services), Kabo Forane (Director: Corporate Services), Goitseone Huma (Director: Social Services), Lawrence Mokoto (Acting Director: Human Settlement and Land Use)
|All values: R'000||2013/14||2012/13||2011/12|
|AUDIT OUTCOME ||n/a||Disclaimer of audit opinion||Disclaimer of audit opinion|
|Property rates||1 232||-||5 947|
|Service charges||6 335||-||6 115|
|Investment revenue||669||-||4 265|
|Transfers recognised - operational||78 695||-||90 558|
|Other own revenue||2 264||-||76 515|
|Total Revenue (excluding capital transfers and contributions)||89 195||-||183 399|
|Employee costs||49 678||-||45 423|
|Remuneration of councillors||14 305||-||12 798|
|Depreciation & asset impairment||-||-||42 561|
|Materials and bulk purchases||5 280||-||8 444|
|Transfers and grants||4 187||-||-|
|Other expenditure||39 115||-||40 630|
|Total Expenditure||112 585||-||149 857|
|Surplus/(Deficit)||(23 390)||-||33 542|
|Transfers recognised - capital||26 386||-||31 122|
|Contributions recognised - capital & contributed assets||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) after capital transfers & contributions||2 996||-||64 664|
|Share of surplus/(deficit) of associate||-||-||-|
|Surplus/(Deficit) for the year||2 996||-||64 664|
|CAPITAL EXPENDITURE & FUNDS SOURCES|
|Capital expenditure||100 606||-||1 084 651|
|Transfers recognised - capital||91 594||-||1 084 651|
|Public contributions & donations||-||-||-|
|Internally generated funds||9 012||-||-|
|Total sources of capital funds||100 606||-||1 084 651|
|Total current assets||106 598||-||135 907|
|Total non current assets||530 266||-||1 154 793|
|Total current liabilities||43 694||-||40 459|
|Total non current liabilities||33 193||-||29 035|
|Community wealth/Equity||559 978||n/a||1 221 205|
|Net cash from (used) operating||14 051||n/a||44 392|
|Net cash from (used) investing||(5 749)||n/a||(38 731)|
|Net cash from (used) financing||-||n/a||5|
|Cash/cash equivalents at the year end||13 943||n/a||65 743|
|UNAUTHORISED, IRREGULAR, FRUITLESS & WASTEFUL EXPENDITURE|
|Unauthorised expenditure||n/a||3 654||3 840|
|Irregular expenditure||n/a||71 707||36 856|
|Fruitless & wasteful expenditure||n/a||-||978|
|SOURCE||S71 Unaudited||S71 Audited||S71 Audited|
- S71 Unaudited figures are sourced from the MFMA S71 4th Quarter Schedule C reports, made available by the National Treasury. The schedules are available at http://mfma.treasury.gov.za/Media_Releases/s71/Pages/default.aspx.
- S71 Audited figures are prior year audited figures sourced from the MFMA S71 Schedule C reports.
- If the relevant S71 Schedule C figures are unavailable, prior year audited figures may be taken from the relevant Audited Financial Statements. The source is then indicated as AFS. Links are provided under the Resources section on this site.
- S71 Schedule C reports are in the format for monthly and quarterly municipal financial statements as prescribed by the Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations. S71 Schedule C figures are standardised to the prescribed format and may differ from figures shown in the Audited Financial Statements. Where we have captured figures directly from the Audited Financial Statements, we have endeavoured to follow the S71 Schedule C format.
- Unauthorised, Irregular, Fruitless and Wasteful Expenditure is sourced from the Consolidated general report on the audit outcomes of local government, published annually by the Auditor-General South Africa. If the figures are unavailable in this report, they may be sourced from the Annual Financial Statements of the relevant municipality.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest R'000. R0 values are reflected as ‘-’. Values that are unavailable are reflected as ‘n/a’.
Tenders are published on the municipal notice boards and in the newspapers.
LED ActivitiesKey Projects:
Establishment of an ostrich abattoir and meat processing plant in Reivilo; poultry farming project; revitilisation of Taung Marble Factory and Taung Heritage Site; stone crushing projects.Key Investment Opportunities:
Dimension stone processing.
Links/ResourcesMunicipal TendersMunicipal VacanciesAnnual ReportsAnnual Report 2012/13Annual Report 2011/12Audited Financial StatementsAFS 2012/13AFS 2011/12AFS 2010/11Integrated Development PlansIDP 2012/13IDP 2011/12MFMA Section 71 – Schedule CSchedule C 2013/14Schedule C 2012/13Schedule C 2011/12
The information in this directory is supplied and/or externally sourced
and is also subject to continual change. If you notice any errors or omissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can correct it.